URGENT & COVID-19 RELATED
COVID-19 Mutual Aid Resource Links (slight Los Angeles focus) compiled by Audrey Kuo
Trans Lifeline – peer support hotline (877-565-8860)
TransgendEr Health Programs in LOS ANGELES COUNTY
FOR PRIMARY CARE & GENDER RELATED MEDICINE
This is for informational purposes only and is listed in alphabetical order. We do not intend to endorse specific services.
RESOURCES & SERVICES IN LOS ANGELES COUNTY AND BEYOND
A directory of free or low-cost services, trans-led groups, and informational materials that may be relevant to Transmasculine people in Los Angeles County and beyond.
This is a growing list based on community contributions. It is not an endorsement, please use services at your discretion and drop us a line if you think something should be added or removed: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Services & hotlines
- National Coalition of Anti-Violence Programs hotline for LGBTQ+ survivors of any kind of violence: 212-714-1141
- Mirror Memoirs an oral history project
- Trans Men and Domestic Abuse video published by the Advocate
- LA LGBT Center
- The LGBTQ Center Long Beach
- APLA Health
- AIDS Healthcare Foundation Wellness Center
- Look up free, youth friendly clinics using the Pocket Guide LA
Information, supplies & workshops
- A quick primer on HPV & Cancer by Fenway Health.
- PRIMED a sex guide written for trans men who are into men.
- Q&A Gynecological and vaginal care for trans men.
Services or resources in Los Angeles County
- Long Beach Birthworkers of Color Collective
- Malaya Midwifery Long Beach
- Transgender Health Care, including reproductive care, at the Planned Parenthood of Pasadena & San Gabriel Valley
Trans Lifeline – peer support hotline 877-565-8860
Therapists, coaches, & providers
- National Queer and Trans Therapists of Color Network Directory
- Colors LGBTQ Youth Counseling (up to age 24)
- Los Angeles Gender Center
- Gender Spectrum’s list of online mental health resources
- The Gender Doula
Harm reduction & sobriety support
- List of online AA meetings during COVID-19
- Los Angeles Fuente Hollywood Treatment Center (offers treatment specifically designed for LGBTQ people)
- Harm Reduction Coalition’s Resources for people who use drugs and people vulnerable to structural violence
Free services in Los Angeles County
- Bet Tzedek – Medical-Legal Partnership (a medical-legal partnership providing education, collaborative advocacy, and legal services)
- LA LGBT Center (legal clinic provides help preparing name/gender change legal docs. Also provide legal assistance for survivors of violence, immigration issues, and discrimination).
- Chazan Family Law (Family law, including divorce, custody proceedings, establishment of parentage, second-parent adoptions, and name and gender change)
- Queering Reproductive Justice Toolkit (for advocates who work on the intersecting issues of LGBTQ Rights and Reproductive Health, Rights, and Justice)
- Why trans men, nonbinary, and genderqueer people use birth control
- Trans-Incllusive Abortion Services (a manual for providers)
- The Affirmative Couch (for psychotherapists)
- Rights, Respect, and Responsibility Curriculum (sexuality and gender affirming curriculum developed by Advocates for Youth)
- Colors LGBTQ Youth Counseling Services (offers support for parents of trans young people up to age 24)
- Gender Spectrum – Online support groups for parents of trans people
- Transforming Families Los Angeles (support groups for parents and families of trans young people)